Thursday, January 7, 2010

Operation jumbo drop

Another five bags to Goodwill has my closet down to the lowest it's been in a long time. The empty hangers are starting to take up more space than what's actually holding up clothes. During the latest purging process I discovered more than 10 pairs of pants that have never been worn. They still have the tags on them. Forget the fact that a lot of money was wasted on these items, they don't fit. The only comfort I have is that most of them almost fit.

I find this highly unacceptable.

With this newfound time on my hands, I can begin and keep a regiment that will get me back on track to a healthier lifestyle. What does this mean? I'll have to (re)start an exercise plan. I'm thinking some serious time on the treadmill is in order. Plus, I need to eliminate any kind of fast food and minimize eating out. Whatever I make at home is going to be better than what I can pick up and it's a lot tastier, too.

This afternoon I took a trip to the market and stocked up on some lunch and dinner items. Tonight I made couscous stuffed peppers. I also prepped a French onion soup for later in the week. If I eliminate the yummy bread and cheese I'm left with a healthier, albeit boring, soup that will keep me warm during the cold snap.

Perhaps this will turn into a win-win situation: I'll spend less money on food and be able to get back into those damn pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment