Thursday, December 17, 2009

My cup runneth over

I'm one of those people who has insisted on buying bottled water. Smart Water, Fiji or Zephyrhills has always been in stock because I'm convinced they have less nastiness than what's on tap in my sink. Portability has been another issue because even though I own at least three reusable water bottles, I always manage to leave them somewhere and frankly, the water just doesn't taste the same.

The debate of bottled versus tap will have to continue without me because I've begrudgingly jumped on the tap wagon because I'm spending a lot of money on bottled water. On average it's about $25 a month, not to mention all the plastic containers that get thrown away. It may not sound like a lot of money, but I could be putting it away into my rainy day fund or at the very least on a new pair of shoes.

Because I still refuse to drink straight from the tap, I bought a PUR faucet-mounted filtration system. There's a Brita pitcher in the fridge I use for Harley, but the black haze that rests on the bottom grosses me out, even though Brita swears it's OK. The set up was fairly easy once I opened the instruction booklet and stopped guessing how I thought it should work. The only drawback so far is that it's just not cold enough, but that's why the good Lord invented ice.

This will work for now. If I ever want to splurge on water it's always at the store. Thankfully my parents also stock bottled water, so I can also sneak a couple from them every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment