Monday, March 15, 2010

Kitchen towels anyone?

I'm officially tired of embroidering all things baby. It's nothing personal, but my brain has fizzled when it comes to stitching onesies, burping cloths, receiving blankets and bibs. I'll still do it -- gladly -- but a change is in order. So I'm leaving the nursery and moving into the kitchen. 

These are new kitchen towels I listed on my Etsy shop.

Stitches used: back, leaf, split, satin and running.

The design comes from a print I bought in Calafate, Argentina. The small, purple blooms can be found in fields and mountainsides throughout the country. I thought the set of two would make a fun addition to any kitchen. Each towel is 30 inches x 30 inches and made of flour sack cotton. Three hand-embroidered flower designs where created - one per panel. 

Mom's house was the setting for the photo shoot -- her kitchen is exponentially larger. I tried it first at my place and I couldn't back away enough to get the towels in the frame. 

They're handy with spills, but also look good just hanging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment